At Neighborhood, we are an inclusive, Christ-centered church committed to allyship and anti-racism work as our practice of liberation theology.
- We have a good and beautiful God who is to be experienced and explored, not just a doctrine to be espoused.
- We can live good and beautiful lives marked by deep love, wonder, inclusion and mystery.
- The Good News is that we are inherently united with God.
- Love is to be radically shared.
- Beauty: We experience the unique and powerful design of all things.
- Love: Love is to be experienced and radically shared.
- Purpose: We move with integrity, intentionality, and humility toward the flourishing of all creation and to undo the destruction of hate, bigotry, ego, and greed in our world, community, and in ourselves.
- Fun: Live good and beautiful lives.
- Health: Moving to be our fullest and robust selves.
Neighborhood is a Christian Church that
- believes that following the path and teachings of Christ can lead to an awareness and experience of the Divine and bring dynamic belonging to all life.
- is inclusive of ALL people, including but not limited to conventional Christians and questioning skeptics, humanists and agnostics, those of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and those of all classes and abilities.
- knows that the way we behave towards one another is the fullest expression of what we believe.
- finds grace in the search for understanding and believes there is a higher value in curiosity than in certainty.
- strives to protect and restore the integrity of our Earth.
- is committed to a path of lifelong learning, compassion, and selfless love.
- follows God’s call of the church to speak truth to power, liberate the oppressed, care for the poor and comfort the afflicted.
- takes the Bible incredibly seriously, but not always literally.